Tuesday 10 September 2013

Austin Graffiti Park


{ f21 top, skirt & sandals; Target belt; Old Navy bag }

I stumbled upon a magical place the other day. No, not Disney World (we don't get one of those in Austin). This graffiti wonderland of urban ruins is located in some random neighborhood on the west side of the city. I've seen photos of it through friends' instagram pictures but had always wanted to check it out myself. Turns out, pictures did not do it justice.

No one gave me the memo to not wear a skirt here. Sandals were probably not a good choice either. The graffiti park has tiered levels, so you have to climb your way up to see more art. My roommate urged me to try the climb anyway, but I figured I would save the rest of the people there the trouble of seeing me fall on my butt. Ouch.

Apparently there is a beautiful view of Austin's skyline once you reach the top, but I didn't get to see it because of my uninformed fashion choices. That's okay, I'll be back... with a vengeance. And proper shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.