Sunday 1 May 2011

Let Freedom Ring


Wow. It took 10 years, but this day finally came.

What were you doing when you heard the news? For me, I was just finishing up a paper for my Sociology class when I decided to check Facebook only to see a plethora of friends updating their statuses with the news of Osama's death. Then, I saw it again on Twitter. Being the skeptic that I am, I turned on the news where it was finally confirmed. This. Is. CRAZY.
 
After giving it some thought, I've realized we (or those who are at least 10 years and older) have lived through some truly significant moments in our time, and many of us aren't even halfway done with our lives! We experienced the heartbreak of 9/11, the shocking death of Michael Jackson, the election of the first African-American president, a Royal Wedding (had to put that in there), and now this.

This is history in the making folks. Take it in.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.