Thursday 17 October 2013

Texas State Fair



These photos encompass the best Saturday I had this past weekend! Matt and I drove up to Dallas for the Texas State Fair which was also during the Texas vs Oklahoma football game! I had never been before, so I was super excited to see what it was all about. And boy did I discover what it was about: fried food! We had a list of all the foods we wanted to try. One was called "Fried Thanksgiving Dinner" which was basically a giant fried ball of stuffing and turkey dipped in cranberry & gravy. That was Matt's favorite, but my fave were the avocado fries! Soooo yummy! We also stuffed our faces with a fried cuban roll, fried nutella, and fried s'mores. Yes, I have no shame. And having no shame is delicious.

I didn't get to go on any rides unfortunately. I mean, we spent all our money on food basically (that stuff is kind of expensive!). It was also so hot I probably would have passed out anyway, haha. But anything that may not have worked out that day was overruled because the Longhorns (AKA my university) beat OU for the first time in 4 years!! So much happiness!! It truly was a Texas miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.