Sunday 5 August 2012

Seattle Food



Another one of my personal favorite parts of Seattle, the food. Oh, the food! I am a firm believer that small-business owned eateries are 10x more delicious than the big restaurant chains we see all over this country. Austin does a great job keeping up with the authentic food vibe, but we still have places like McDonalds, Wendys, and Subway everywhere you turn. In downtown Seattle, I think I might have seen one Subway, zero Wendys, and the only McDonalds was located inside a shopping mall. I was very impressed! There were places everywhere we went that I had never heard of before, and that's just the way I like it! Something new to experience.

I will admit that we didn't see as many food trucks as there are in Austin (which is understandable for downtown), but we did stumble upon one called Maximus/Minimus who served the most amazing pulled pork sandwhiches! Another place we loved was a restaurant on the waterfront called The Crab Pot where we heard the Man vs. Food guy went when he came to Seattle. Best seafood ever! I also learned something new: good Mexican food is possible north of Texas. I didn't think it was true, but Mama's Mexican Kitchen proved me wrong! Their chicken enchiladas were better than some I've had down here in Texas! Consider me stunned.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.